Monday, January 21, 2008

Some highlights...

Here are some highlights from the past few days:

Thursday was a (no) snow day for the kids. Seriously, they called off school for snow but there was none. It was raining and dipped below freezing for like an hour that morning, so the kids had a free day. Me, not so much.

I attempted to make a delicious stir-fry the other night, which turned out so bad that Josh literally spit it out after he tried it. And he's used to my cooking, so it takes a lot to surprise him. Anyways, it gave us a reason to get Chili's instead.

Conor had a cub scout friend spend the night Friday. The boys were great - lots of guitar hero on the wii and pokemon talk. Josh took Riley out for an hour or so to the mall to get a hot pretzel (they went on a date)... and she came back with two outfits, some new earrings and headbands. When I asked if she had fun, she said "Dad got me everything I ever wanted." Hey, what am I!?! Chopped liver?

Then Saturday night we had neighbors over (with their three kids). The kids played downstairs (more guitar hero, it's an epidemic in this house), and after a few glasses of wine, the adults went down to have a go at the wii.... unfortunately, we decided on Boogie. Anyone familiar? It's like karaoke on the wii. One person sings and the other dances. So scary. So after a few rounds of "Don't Cha (wish your girlfriend was hot like me)" and "You're the One that I want" and the faces of our horrified children, we called it a night.

The rest of the weekend, Josh and I have been spending watching Twin Peaks... think early 90's, "who killed Laura Palmer", with a very young looking Kyle Maclachlan (sp?) and Lara Flynn Boyle. I sort of remember watching it from time to time in high school but Josh apparently loved it, so I got him the box set when it came out in dvd for his birthday. We're now completely obsessed.

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

I have seen your drunken karaoke! I can see why the kids were scared!! hahahaha!!!