Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A call from the nurse

So yesterday at about 1 pm, I received a call from the school nurse at Conor and Riley's school. She told me Riley had been down to the clinic complaining of a headache and sore throat. All three of them have small colds, so I wasn't that suprised. The nurse told me she sent Riley back to class because she didn't have a fever, but that if I wanted to come pick her up, I could.

I did go to the school and they called her down from her class to the office. She looked so cute with her big backpack on walking down the hall toward me. Her hair was crazy and her bow was crooked, she just looked over-all tired and not her usual peppy self.

I said "Riley, do you not feel well?", and she answered "Mom, I just have a really bad headache and I could feel my heart beeping." Not sure exactly what that meant, but I brought her home and gave her a little tlc, which seemed to be just what the doctor ordered.

No comments: