Thursday, October 16, 2008

The real story

Yesterday was a BUSY day here. Tanglewood Farms in the morning and basketball tryouts (for Conor) after school, so I didn't have time to post the funny story that went along with the pictures yesterday... notice there were NO pictures of Quinn feeding the animals.

Well let me tell you what happens when there are ten or so two year olds holding buckets of bread among a gaggle baby goats. The goats GO CRAZY - leaping, jumping, frightening the poor two year olds into hysterics. Now let me tell you what happens when the moms scoop up the children and the buckets and try to get out and into the next pen... the goats follow, squeezing past moms and crying children, still trying to get the stinkin' bread. It was hilarious. Picture normally put-together (or so we like to think) stay at home moms trying to outsmart some rascally goats... it involved lifting some over the fence to each other (and I'm talking goats people, not kids), holding them back with our legs as we tried to get the rest of the moms and kids through the gate, lots of crying children climbing up legs. Oh my. Did I mention how tired I was when we got home!?!

Luckily the pigs, sheep, cows, horses, chickens, etc. were not so frisky. Only the goats. Beware of the goats.

No comments: