Monday, September 1, 2008

Destination: Relaxation

As many of you know, I like a good getaway as much as the next person, but I also have an "I miss my kids and worry about them and wish I could kiss them goodnight" complex, which has often made it difficult for me to unwind and enjoy myself. In light of this, Josh and I decided to revamp our original 10-year anniversary (in January) plans to go somewhere far, far away and exotic on a long vacation, for a couple shorter, mini-vacations over the year. Our first is this week. We're heading out on Wednesday for the Ritz Carlton Lodge and Resort at Reynolds Plantation in Lake Oconee. I've heard it's beautiful. I look forward to 48 hours of pampering. We're staying on the Concierge Level, I have a half-day at the spa booked for Thursday, and we have a private "chiminea (am I even spelling that right!?!) dinner" booked one night, where you have your own personal chef and relax in adirondack (again with the spelling, what do you expect from an english major?) chairs by the fire while your meal is prepared. Other than that, I plan on doing some reading, lounging by the pool, going for runs on the grounds, and just plain relaxing (with several phone calls to check on my wee-ones of course)... baby steps.

No comments: