Friday, July 4, 2008

Peachtree Road Race

This morning I spent 1 hour and 2 minutes running 6.2 miles with 54,999 of my closest friends here at The Peachtree Road Race. That might not sound fun to many of you - the crowd, the Atlanta heat and humidity... but it was seriously a blast! There were people lining the streets of Atlanta, cheering, holding up signs, giving out water, yelling out inspirational things to the runners - there were dj's from all the local radio stations broadcasting and blaring their music, band after band playing. Besides the actual running, it was really like a big party/celebration. Then, as I was nearing the finish line, I heard "Go Megan!"... it was Josh, who had dropped me off at the start, went to his beloved Starbucks for a latte, and found a great spot near the finish line to watch for me. All in all, a great start to the 4th of July! We followed it up with our neighborhood pool party. I'll be lucky to make it through the fireworks tonight. I'm one tired mama!

No comments: