Thursday, May 1, 2008

Conversations with my children...

The past couple days have, for some reason, been filled with some quality conversations... take for example the one I had in the doctor's office with Conor yesterday...

Conor: Mom, will you be sad when I'm 13.
Me: No I won't be sad, I'll be happy to see what you are doing when you're13.
Conor: But I'll never be home. I'll be a teenager and in high school.
Me: Well... even when you are a teenager, you'll still be home a lot and you won't quite be in high school yet.
Conor: But when I'm in college, I won't be home. I'm going to buy my own house and you can visit.
Me: You probably won't be able to buy a house in college. How will you pay for it?
Conor: I'll do chores and you can give me the money to buy it.

GREAT!

Here's another. We had a babysitter last Friday. As we were driving the babysitter home (Conor and Riley came with me), it was about 9 and apparently the Eagle Watch park is a big meet-up spot for teenagers around here.

Conor: What are all those kids doing?
Me: Just hanging out.
Riley: Yep.... that's what teenagers do.

Riley knows it all... way too wise beyond her 6 years.

And finally... Quinn. Well I have no stories. One-word conversations aren't all that funny, but they sure are cute.

No comments: