Thursday, May 15, 2008

Birthday

So today is my birthday - the big 34. :) It's been fantastic. The kids and Josh took me to Chili's for dinner last night. This morning, I got up and went for a long run outside before anyone else was up, and when I got home Josh and the big kids were up, the coffee was made, and there were a pile of birthday cards (Josh and Quinn's were store-bought and Conor and Riley's were sweet and home-made) waiting for me. My present is a spa pedicure and swedish massage at a spa in Hilton Head (only a couple weeks away now!)... well worth the wait! And we're going to see Duran Duran this Saturday at Chastain, which is my favorite place to see concerts here - it's outside, small, very cool atmosphere...

But before then, I'm running in a 5k... Saturday morning. I've been training for the Peachtree Road Race (10k) on July 4, so I spend 6 days a week running my you-know-what off and have been for months. The kids have seen me running daily, but they were shocked when I told them I was going to be in a race. Here was our conversation:

Me (telling Riley about our upcoming VERY busy Saturday): ... and mommy is running in her race that morning.

Riley (totally shocked look): What!?! You're running a race? Why? You aren't even fast. (hey!)

Riley (to Conor, who has just walked in the room): Did you know mom is running in a race?

Conor (not even looking at me): What? She is?.... (deep thought) Well she'll probably come in last or maybe second to last.

Seriously, I was rolling... my cheerleaders. Not.

No comments: