Friday, February 22, 2008

Tagged

Okay, so I am new to the blogging thing and don't know a whole lot of other people who blog... but my friend from high school/college, Kristen, "tagged" me on her blog, which means I now have to share 7 interesting things, stories, etc. about myself. Trouble is, I'm not very interesting. But here goes:

1. Even though I have been squeamish my entire life and known to faint at the sight of blood, I managed to have natural completely drug-free child births with all three of my babies. Brave, stupid, who knows. But they are three of the best memories of my life, bar-none, so that must say something.

2. I hate cilantro. Not just a little - a lot. I have been known to avoid mexican restaurants whose salsas contain cilantro. My family and my husband think I'm crazy. The only thing I might hate more than that is vinegar. It's too close to call.

3. I am also not known for my outdoorsy-ness. But I did manage to go backpacking (not camping people - backpacking - like going off into the woods and not seeing another person or civilization for a few days) with Josh once way back before we had children. I'm not sure I knew what I was signing up for when I agreed to go. It involved carrying everything we needed for our trip on our backs (now that I have an over 30 lb 22 month old, this doesn't seem so hard), and we had to cross a stream, river, some kind of body of water, at least a dozen times. It sucked. We climbed a talis slope (I have no idea how to spell talis) but for those of you who don't know, it is basically all rock, at a very high incline. At one point I stopped, told Josh to go back and find someone to come get me in a helicopter because I was DONE. We rested, there may have been a power bar or some bribery involved, I don't remember now - it was ten years ago - but I continued and we made it. That night we slept above a waterfall and it was the most amazing thing. I see now how and why people do things like attempt to climb Mt. Everest. It was a really neat experience. That being said, I am happy to have sons who might want to do this with Josh again in the future so I don't have to. Riley and I can get a room at the Ritz.

4. I have two sisters - no brothers. I can't imagine life any other way. There is something so comfortable about this to me. When my sisters and I are together, we kind of have our own language, our own inside jokes, etc. Josh says our voices somehow all morph and we sound exactly the same - the things we say, the way we say them. I'd have to say it's true. We're all very different but we actually truly genuinely love being together.

5. I am a darn good scrabble-player. Josh and I have been known to play for hours, game after game. So far, he's the only person I have ever played with that has beaten me. We're about 50-50. Maybe that's why I married him.

6. I am not a wedding-person. Most people love them - throwing them, going to them, planning them. Not for me. I've been a bridesmaid - MANY times - and I've been to more weddings than I can count. They're okay, I don't hate them or dread them, but when it came to my own, I feel like one of the best decisions I've ever made was not to have a big wedding. I loved my wedding - family only, outside, Key West, beautiful sunny 80 degree day in January. So much more my speed.

7. I can't swim... my sisters say doggy paddling to save your life doesn't count.

So that's me. Not very exciting.

I think I'm supposed to tag 7 fellow bloggers but unfortunately, I only know a couple. Kristen tagged me so that's out. So I'm tagging Tiffany and Shandra, the only two other people I know that blog.

No comments: