Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Day after Valentine's Day!

If you are wondering why it's been a while since I've had a chance to write, it's because I have been knee-deep in Bascomb Elementary family fun night. My wish to get involved in the pta here was answered - and then some. Somehow I found myself pta chairperson for the school's family fun night. This is big business here... my first event, a spaghetti dinner in November, brought in over 500 people. This Tuesday was my second event, a sock hop, which drew over 725 people. That's A LOT of people to feed and entertain, not to mention shop for, decorate for, and clean up after. But it was a hug hit! That being said, I am soooo glad it's over!

Yesterday was Valentine's Day. I always like this holiday - just a fun time to tell people you love them. We passed on the family tradition my mom started with us and always have a little treat for the kids from Josh and myself. They are always surprised and thrilled. Conor and Riley got a wii game and Quinn got some new elmo books. Josh, who promised he wouldn't buy me something but always does, got me a 1 1/2 hour massage at the spa and some new workout clothes from the kids. To top it off, we went out for a family dinner (Mexican, our favorite). I know someday Josh and I will be able to go out for a quiet evening just the two of us, but in the meanwhile, I am just as happy to spend it all together!

Our other exciting news - no we're NOT moving or having another baby - I know that's what you were thinking... is that the kids and I are off to Columbus tomorrow for a long weekend. I'm not looking forward to the plane ride with three kids (one very squirmy active 21 month old boy included!) by myself, but I am REALLY looking forward to being there!

No comments: