Sunday, August 10, 2008

Riley, the skeptic


Thank you, thank you, thank you Lord... Riley finally lost that darn tooth last night. So the toothfairy (aka Josh) left her treat under her pillow last night (okay 5am when I reminded him as I got up to run - yes, I run that early, and yes I am that crazy)... you may wonder why I didn't just do it myself. Think hard. Not graceful, known to trip over my own feet. You got it. He snuck in and out in mere seconds and gave me the thumbs up. Anyways, I should have just done it myself because this was what happened when she woke up...


Riley: Guess what? The tooth fairy left my money and she even left me my tooth. She only takes the first one. (this is true in our house, too hard to also try to feel under a pillow and find a teeny-tiny tooth in the dark without waking said child)


Josh and I (not in unison, but you get the point): Wow! Awesome!


Josh goes upstairs and Riley looks at me.


Riley: Well, I'm pretty sure I ACTUALLY saw dad put something under my pillow and not the tooth fairy.


Me (trying not to make eye contact): Oh, you must have had a dream that it was daddy putting it under your pillow when it was really the tooth fairy.


Riley: Um, well I wasn't really asleep so I think it was him. I saw him closing the door.


Gulp.


Me (nervously laughing now): Well maybe the tooth fairy used her magical powers so she would just look like daddy.


Conor (poor sweet gullible Conor who will believe in everything until he is 18): The tooth fairy DOES have magical powers you know.


We dropped it, but she knows - and she knows I know... you can't pull one over on Riley. But I thought it was sweet that she tried to spare Josh in all his tooth fairy glory.


And just for effect, look at her cute toothless smile...


1 comment:

Organized Chaos said...

I just wet my pants... how sweet is that? she spared him... HILARIOUS!