Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wouldn't you know it!!?!

I was so ready for a night out. Josh took the kids to dinner and Kung Fu Panda and I was heading out for Mexican and margaritas with my friend Kellie. About halfway through dinner and my strawberry margarita, I got that hot/cold sweat, clammy, stomach churning, not-so-great feeling... ugh. At first I thought it was just too much sun. We were sitting out on the patio, and we did spend some time at the pool that day. So I decided to go into the restroom and splash some cold water on my face and came back out to sit. No dice. As the minutes went by, I began to feel worse and worse. Wouldn't you know it - I caught the same darn bug that Josh had a few days ago. Fever, achiness, stomach woes, the works. So I had to cut my dinner short and head home. So disappointed!

Then today Josh, of course, has a 7:30 meeting in Buckhead, which in Atlanta-speak, means that he has to leave no later than 6:15am to make it there in time. At about 6:30, I hear Conor get up, open my door, see me laying there (knowing that I am sick from the night before), call for Nesta, take him downstairs and feed him, and then sit and watch cartoons until I come downstairs. Even better, he got Quinn dressed for me after he woke up and played music in his room where they had a little "dance party". So thoughtful! Then Riley made me this get-well card:

"I hope you feel better card" (doesn't every card need a title?)
To mom from Riley.

You love me, I love you a lot.
I love you mom I hope you feel better this week I love you, Riley

I feel better already.

No comments: