Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

It's TECHNICALLY January 2nd, but who's counting...

Happy New Year!

Ours is off to a great start. Christmas decorations down, house clean, hanging with good friends on NYE... though Riley is sick with strep throat now and it's a rainy day to boot... oh well, could always be worse!

I am always happy for the new year. I like all things fresh and new - babies, change of seasons, beginning of a school year, fresh paint, a new haircut... you get the picture. It's somehow comforting to think that even though it's really only the difference of a day, there is a world of promise with the changing of a year. Last year I actually kept my resolution - which was to not go more than 2 days without running at least a mile. I have more for this year, but I'm not talking... I tend to do best when I'm my own critic, judge, and coach.

2008 was a roller coaster. We had great times - Hilton Head with friends, Conor won his spring baseball tournament, Quinn started school and learned to go on the potty and got a big boy bed, Riley continues to keep us on our toes with her wisecracks and dry humor... but also the stress involved with Josh's company (AIG), changing positions as of December 1, seeing our stocks well, let's not go there.

I hope that 2009 brings us ALL a sense of peace, the calm after the storm. I hope we all do more of what we enjoy, what is comforting and inspiring and useful... and less of what tears us down and apart.

Happy New Year!

No comments: