Thursday, April 24, 2008

Tomorrow...

Tomorrow is a big day... Quinn turns 2! So this morning I was thinking about what I was doing exactly two years ago today. Conor and Riley both had preschool. Josh came home early because I had an afternoon appt with my midwife, Colleen. I knew this baby would be coming soon. Number one, he was huge - which meant I was huge, not to mention uncomfortable. My due date was fast approaching. I had been having sporadic contractions for a couple weeks. I had a good feeling overall that something would happen at this appt. Colleen measured my belly, gasped a little... I told you he was huge. She could tell I was having contractions. And she left it up to me. I could go home and wait it out. Or I could go home, pack my things, grab my husband, get my kids situated and head to the hospital. Seeing as Riley was born in about a millisecond... not really, but less than 2 hours from start to finish, I was already nervous about a fast labor, would I have time to find a place for the kids and get to the hospital, etc. So I chose the latter. It wasn't the easiest labor but I knew it would be the last, so I put on my game face and made the best of it. And just after 3 am the next day, there was Quinn. As soon as I saw him, I felt as if I had known him my whole life. I actually looked at him and said "I know you." It was so strange. Maybe because he looked so much like the other two, or maybe because I knew for a long time that I wanted one last baby and he was in my heart before he was in my arms, but I did already know him.

Truly, Quinn has been the icing on the cake, the cherry on top of the sundae, the sweetest and most loving little person I could have ever dreamed of. I can't believe he is already turning two. Happy birthday to "our baby"!

No comments: